DIFFICULTY : MODERATE TIME: 35 MINUTES SERVES: 4
Using our succulent Tomatoes on the Vine, this dish serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main course. Clams can be substituted for mussels or a combination of both can be used for this recipe.
Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Loading the player...The Health Benefits of Eating Tomatoes <p>The Health Benefits of Tomatoes: featuring <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Registered Dietician.</a></p>
The Health Benefits of Tomatoes: featuring Registered Dietician.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes & Bacon
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes & Bacon Chef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes & BaconChef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes & Bacon
Windset Farms® Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes & Bacon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 fresh Merguez sausage*, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 3 Tomatoes on the Vine coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
*Can substitute for preferred sausage
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and butter over med/high heat. Add sausage and cook through, (about 2 minutes each side).
- Remove sausage from pan and add garlic. Sauté garlic for a minute and add white wine and whipping cream. Add Tomatoes on the Vine, mussels and cover. Cook mussels for 4 minutes or until they are fully opened. Discard any unopened mussels. Add cooked sausage, Italian parsley and stir.
- Serve in bowls with warm crusty bread.